I feel so horrible for leaving you guys hanging for a week AGAIN!
But I should be back on track now that things at my job have slowed down!
So, hi, hey, hello, welcome back to my blog!
The food was delicious and you would NEVER suspect it to be all vegan friendly. The Patty Melt was a personal favorite and the ice cream was to DIE for! Still wondering if they lied to me about the no dairy in it!
Anyway … I have recently (even before my Spiral experience) been inspired to start including more vegan friendly meals into my diet. Thankfully, my boyfriend Jared has been supportive on this! Not like he has a choice, I am the one who cooks in this house!
I think a lot of the reasoning of my choice is because I watched that really popular documentary called “What The Health” (and no, I didn’t turn completely vegan). But it did make me realize how I need to to reduce my carbon footprint.
Anyway, I am not trying to start any political arguments and definitely not pushing an agenda. My experience with this has been so far, so good to say the least. I used to think vegans only ate salads and veggies and fruit (I know, cliche) – that was, until I started wanting to try it myself and noticed all the amazing things you can create and not need animal products!
I started to experiment with food, and thanks to pinterest, I have gotten some great ideas!
One of my recent favorites was this vegetarian wrap created by Maebells that inspired me!
I saw it and thought, you know, I can switch this up and make it completely vegan – and so I did!!!
I wanted to share the recipe with you guys, because it was delicious. I know this because Jared told me so – and he holds nothing back! He told me it tasted like a cheeseburger?
I wouldn’t go THAT far, but it was tastey. In fact, he asked me to make it again for lunch today because he loved it so much.
The best part is, it’s filling, and it doesn’t take a lot of time!
Okay, I think I am rambling! Onward to the recipe!
Cook time: 10 minutes Prep time: 5 minutes
1 zucchini, sliced up
Salt and pepper
1 TBS of Earth Balance butter
1 tomato, sliced
1 cup of spinach
½ cup of shredded vegan cheese (I used Daiya pepperjack cheese)
2 TBS of Vegan Mayonaise (I used
Tortillas of your choice (make sure they are vegan)
- Heat skillet to medium heat. Toss in the slices of zucchini in the butter (slice them lengthwise or in circles, your preference!) and sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on them
- Grill them until the get golden-brown (about 4 minutes) and then flip until the other side is golden-brown
- While the zucchini is grilling, prepare your wraps. Spread one tablespoon of Mayo on each tortilla. Then add the tomato slices. Then add half a cup of spinach to each wrap.
- Once the zucchini is done grilling, place half of the slices on one bed of spinach and half on the other bed of spinach. (If your zucchini is a large one, this might actually make 3 wraps!)
- Then sprinkle ¼ cup of the cheese on top of the zucchini. Wrap the tortilla up and set on the skillet until it starts to brown on that side. Flip and let brown on the other side.
- Take it off the grill, cut in half and enjoy!
Such an easy recipe, in my opinion! Once I used spicy mustard with the mayo, but I think I like it with just mayo! It depends on your preferences – make it however you like!
I am planning on practicing a lot more with vegan dishes. If I do, should I continue to share them on my blog? I am not really a food blogger, and I don’t really “get” the recipe part of the blog!
I would love some tips on that, if you have any!
What are your favorite dishes, vegan or not? I love trying new things!
Thanks for sticking around for this super random post! See you soon!